Popular Posts

Wednesday, June 5, 2019

New Cheritz Game 2019- The SSUM

Cheritz, an otome brand that created Dandelion, Nameless, and their most popular game, Mystic Messenger, announced a new game set to release in later part of 2019. Its name is The SSUM and it will be a mobile game. I've followed Cheritz since their Dandelion days and have always enjoyed their games, but I was honestly a bit disappointed to see the pre-released trailer for this game (video shown below).

As you might've noticed, it has a similar format to Mystic Messenger where you receive fake calls, has chatting functions with your "SSUM-one", and can receive selfies. They've also added the feature to insert your daily schedule, so you won't miss anything while you're busy or asleep. The general storyline hasn't been released yet, but the Beta Version has been released in Malasia and India (Android: http://goo.gl/7ByZ2R)


I really enjoyed the game Mystic Messenger and I think it had a good concept. However, since it was that game that truly made Cheritz popular, I feel like they're trying to re-appeal to that audience. From looking at the preview photos, The SSUM seems like a typical fake-romantic messaging app- not much of a storyline, if any. I enjoyed the mystery elements that were intertwined with Mystic Messenger, and it was that curiosity that kept me motivated and excited for another story-line. However, considering that Cheritz's concepts have never been completely ordinary (other-worldly animals becoming humans, dolls turning real, entering a secret association called R.F.A.) maybe there is more to this game than what meets the eye.

Since I've never been disappointed by a Chertiz game, I suppose there is no point to worry now. I look forward to trying the game out when it's released.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts